Software Engineer | Director of Engineering @ Bank Novo
Passionate about applying the software engineering toolkit to tackle business problems and building digital products from the ground up. Especially interested in back-end development and (cloud) architecture, but experience across the entire stack.
I graduated from the University of Amsterdam with a Cum Laude MSc. Software Engineering, and in 2019 moved to New York to join Fintech startup Bank Novo as a software engineer. At Novo I moved on to become Director of Engineering, building out both our product and team as the company more than 20x'ed its customer base.
Past work includes applying machine learning at Amazon Web Services to extract user patterns from terabytes of log data and building out Yonomi's serverless back-end for IoT in Austin Texas. I also co-built digital products with clients through both McKinsey and Deloitte Digital. In 2016 I started Flow Development, via which I've built and consulted on web applications for multiple clients. Always on the lookout for new challenges, and open to connecting about new opportunities.
- Work Experience:
- Personal Projects:
- Alexa BrowserHelpAn aid for the impaired, allowing full voice control of your Chrome browser via Alexa. Currently supports ~3000 active users (2017)
- Ticket ButlerAutomatically reserve tickets for a popular Dutch ticket site. Uses a proxy-rotated Python crawler built on Selenium and Scrapy (2016)
- De Slimste BurgerAutomatically generated quizzes from open government data to play against friends (2016)
- Questionnaire DSLA GUI generator for questionnaires, based on a custom DSL and Java ANTLR interpreter (2018)
- Homebridge Bash PluginExecute your server's shell scripts via Siri on iOS (2016)
- QuesineEasily find Albert Heijn recipes matching your daily activity, using wearable data from Philips' Healthsuite API (2015)
- Siri Open DoorA bypass from when iPhone's Siri didn't allow third party commands yet. Simply tell Siri "Open Front Door" to unlock the door (2016)
- Date A DistrictWork in progress - coming soon to AndroidAndroid app creating personalized day trips in lesser-known neighbourhoods, using Amsterdam's open datasets and IBM's Watson AI (2016)
- Siri to AlexaAccess Amazon's Alexa and its skills directly via Siri (2016)
- DevPost Alexa Skills ChallengeFinalist Award for Alexa Browserhelp in a global contest organized by DevPost (2017)
- Hackster Alexa Contest2nd Place for Alexa Browserhelp in a global contest organized by Hackster (2017)
- AccountabilityHack1st prize with the app 'De Slimste Burger' (2016)
- KvKHack2nd prize with the KvK Safety Check (2016)
- FuseHack1st Place for Best Use of API & Most Creative, for the TreasureHunt app (2015)